The Federal House of Representatives member, representing Mbaitoli and Ikeduru in the National Assembly, Rt Hon Henry Nwawuba, have continued representing the good people of Mbaike as best as any lawmaker in the opposition, can hope to represent his people, ensuring that whatever is due to the people of Mbaitoli and Ikeduru, from the Federal Government, gets to the people.
After an interactive session with journalists, including MaaziTV, the Federal Lawmaker presented a rundown of constituency development projects he had embarked on and provided to his people, since he took over from the late Rt Hon Bethel Amadi, who represented Mbaike for twelve years.
Below are a rundown of some of these developmental projects;
RT. HON. HENRY NWAWUBA’S CONSTITUENCY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS IN MBAIKE FROM 2015 TO 2020.
(1) Solar powered borehole at Nneise, Ugirike, Ikeduru LGA.
(2) Water – Shed/ Erosion control works at Aboh/Uzoagba/Avuvu road, Ikeduru.
(3) Construction of Classroom block at Inyishi Technical College, Ikeduru.
(4) Renovation of Classroom block at Uzoagba Central School, Ikeduru.
(5) Installation of Solar Powered Street Lights at various Locations in Atta 1, 2, Amatta n Avuvu Communities, Ikeduru LGA.
(6) Renovation of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Ogbaku, Mbaitoli LGA.
(7) Ongoing Continuation of Construction work on Akabo/Amankuta/Orie Mbieri road, attracted by Rt. Hon. Bethel Amadi.
(8) Construction of Health center in Ugirike, Ikeduru.
(9) Establishment of Youth Farm at Umueze Uzoagba, Ikeduru and Donation of 500 bags of Poultry Feeds, 2000 Fingerlings and Start up Operational fund.
(10) Construction of a Block of open Stalls at Orie Amakohia, Ikeduru.
(11) Procurement and Installation of 500KVA/33 Transformers in the following Communities, Owubinubi Amakohia Ikeduru, Obokwe Mbieri, Okwu Orodo, Amaukwu, AHABA, OFEKATA, Odunmara, Eziome Mbieri, Umuokparafor Umunoha.
(13) Energizing of Umuoziri Inyishi Transformer, Afor Lolo.
(14) Donation of 500KVA/33 Transformer to Umuoziri Inyishi and Umueze Amaimo, Ikeduru LGA.
(15) Construction of Solar powered borehole and VIP toilet, beside old Post office, Afor otusi, Alaenyi Ogwa.
(16) Construction of Solar Powered borehole and VIP toilet at Orie Ogbaku, Mbaitoli LGA.
(17) Renovation of Ihitte Mbieri Health center.
(18) Renovation of Amaukwu Orodo Town Hall.
(19) Renovation of Classroom blocks at Community and Primary school, Amaukwu Orodo, respectively.
(20) Installation of Hand pump at Eziama Obiato/Ukwu Orji.
(21) Construction of oil mill and Cassava processing plant at Ekwereazu Ogwa.
(22) Rehabilitation of Okpuala Ogbaku water borehole.
(23) Renovation of the Exam Hall of Community Secondary School, Mbieri.
(24) Installation of Hand pump at Ahia ututu Ifakala.
(25) Construction of 40 Open Stalls at Ahia ututu daily Market, Ifakala.
(26) Restoration of Nsokpo Ogbaku Electricity.
(27) Ongoing construction of Nsokpo Ogbaku/Ifakala/Nwaorieubi road.
(28) Ongoing construction of Orie Ogbaku/Obibi/Agwa road.
(29) Installation of 40pcs Solar powered Street Lights at various Locations in Ogbaku.
(30) Installation of Solar Powered Street Lights at, Eziome, Umuduru Mbieri, Amaukwu Orodo, Ofekata n Nkwo Orodo, respectively.
(31) Construction of Borehole and Dispensary at Orie Mbieri.
(32) Construction of Classroom blocks at Community School, Ubaha Orodo.
(33) Ongoing construction of Oil Mill at Oburu Umuoparanyanwu, Ishi Ogwa.
(34) Ongoing construction of Amaukwu/Umueze OGWA/Ogbommii/Ekeoha road.
(35) Ongoing construction of Ekeoha/Eke Atta road.
(36) Renovation of a block of Four Classrooms at Central School Nkwo Orodo.
(37) Construction of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Ofekata.
(38) Installation of 500KVA/33 at Comprehensive Secondary School Ofekata.
(39) Construction of Solar powered borehole at Okwu Ikeduru.
(40) Construction of Laboratory and Principal’s office at Ugirike Technical school.
(41) Construction of Health center at Umuanu Ogwa.
(42) Renovation of Okwu Orodo Town Hall.
(43) Procurement and Installation of 500KVA/33 Transformer at Umunyali Timber and Allied Industrial Market, Mbieri.
(44) Construction of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Amaukwu.
(45) Ongoing construction of MBAIKE Civic center, Nwaorieubi.
(46) Disbursement of Business Start up capital to MBAIKE women.
(47) Training of 10 MBAIKE Youths in Agro business at Nigeria Research Institute, Umudike, Abia State.
(48) Training of 63 MBAIKE Youths as Community Environmental monitors.
(49) Procurement and distribution of 60 Sewing machines to MBAIKE Women.
(50) Procurement and distribution of 20 grinding machines to MBAIKE Women.
(51) Procurement and distribution of 10 Hair dressing machines to MBAIKE Women.
(52) Training and Empowerment of 20 MBAIKE Youths in Agro business at Oyo State Polytechnic, Ibadan.
(53) Training and Empowerment of 20 Ikeduru Youths on Agro business at Delta State Polytechnic, Asaba.
(54) Procurement and distribution of 40 Motorcycles to ease transportation problems in MBAIKE.
(56) Procurement and distribution of seven Tricycles.
(57) Procurement and distribution of over 2,500 bags of Fertilizer.
(58) Provision of free medical treatment in Ogwa, Orodo, Ubomiri, Mbieri, Akabo, Iho, etc.
(59) Training of MBAIKE women as advocates of Anti domestic violence campaigners.
(60) Procurement and distribution of Food Palliatives, hand sanitizers, face shield during the COVID 19 shut down.
(61) Procurement and distribution of food and non food items to all the Autonomous Communities in MBAIKE.
(62) Donation of fund for the Energizing of Awo Mbieri Transformer at Nwaorieubi.
(63) Training and Empowerment of 33 MBAIKE Youths in Poultry farm at G Towers hotel, Owerri.
(64) Training of Science teachers and distribution of Science kits to 15 selected Secondary Schools in MBAIKE.
(65) Training of 41 MBAIKE Youths in phone and Laptop repairs at Nwaorieubi.
(66) Training and Empowerment of selected MBAIKE Young Ladies in Paltry and Confectionaries.
(66) Training and Empowerment of MBAIKE Women in Soap and detergent making.
(67) Securing Employment opportunities for at FUTO n POLYNEKED, Owerri, respectively.
(68) Secured CBN/NIRSAL MFB Loan for 15 MBAIKE Entrepreneurs for business Start up.
69) Installation of of battery cage at Ohiri’s Farm, Odunmara for the training of MBAIKE Youths in Poultry farming.
(70) Facilitated the Employment/recruitment of (A) 15 MBAIKE Youths into the Nigeria NAVY
(B) 3 into Nigeria Airforce.
(C) 1 into Nigeria Civil defense corp.
(D) 1 into Nigeria police.
(E) 1 in Federal Min. of Environment.
(F) 1in Nigeria Social insurance trust fund.
(G) 1 in FMC Owerri.
(H) 1 in University of Calabar teaching hospital.
(I) 5 in National Assembly, Abuja.
(L) 50 as direct Constituency Staff.